My Story of Trials Of Nursing Mother-2

Designing of the Nursing Wears.

Continuing from my last post, what are the needs of a nursing mom.
I looked back to reflect on what had been my 1st garment requirement. My 1st requirement was for home wear, availability had always been nighties.Now nighties are frowned and looked down upon by the elders, simply because it is not something to be worn in front of visitors. And this same feedback was given by our regular wear customer's. Their demand also was no zip's as zips hurt baby and mommy and zips break! I immediately connected with the zips hurting/breaking part as I had badly suffered due to them and decided to design without zips. 
Nursing Gown Discreet Feeding Buttons

So the nursing gown had to have....

  1. A decent look with no frills!
  2. Discreet Nursing Facility
  3. No Zips.
  4. Cottons as they are all weather wear
  5. And availability in all sizes.
I sat with my master cutter with all these demands and he literally went berserk and said to me, I quote,'Have you seen what everyone is selling? Ladies want convenience, zips are convenient and you want without zips? You want under bust buttons and slits? Who will buy your crazy designs?' When the samples were ready he took back his words and all the customer's who saw them were very happy and I am happy to state that all our discreet nursing wear is loved and appreciated by all our customer's and Dr's too :-)

So the order of nursing wear's produced were..

  1. 1st came Nursing gown's, with no zips, decent look,cottons,in all sizes and discreet nursing facility.These we made with under bust buttons.    http://amzn.to/1N5f32O
  2. Slit In Nursing Dress 
    and Nursing Kurtas
  3. Next nursing dress as not all mum's like to wear long gowns, many prefer dresses, same facilities like the gown but with slits in the inner panel. http://amzn.to/1eC9OLJ 
I will conclude in the next blog about designing discreet nursing wear for nursing baby in pubic places.

I would love to read your experiences so please do share with me and our readers.
Do write me your queries either on my email id parishc@gmail.com or on our FB page and I will get back to you at the earliest.
                                              

Pari's M2B FB Page

Pari's M2B On Amazon

My Story of Trials Nursing Mother 1


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images

Popular Posts

Store Address

1/2, Cambridge Cross Rd, Stage 2, Jogupalya, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560008